Joel is adjusting to wearing glasses quite well.  For the most part he takes them off for rough housing with his brothers and when he is tired and climbs into a cozy spot, other than that we wears them all day.

On Tuesday Joel, Samuel, and I headed to CHEO for Joel’s regular MRI.  Usually we arrive fill out the paper work and wait an hour.  I have no idea why we have to be there so early but that is just the way it goes.  This time I had not even finished filling out the paper when they called Joel’s name.  Turns out the person before Joel was a no show.  Joel still does not really speak to medical staff.  The odd nod of the head.   He is very co-operative though, and was finished all the pre-MRI rig-amoral in next to no time.

He happily hopped up on to the table and  put the mask on his face and went off to sleep.  I remember when he would fight this.  It is so much nicer to have him co-operate.

Joel’s MRI’s usually take about an hour and a half, so I took Samuel up to the 5th floor where they have a family room so I could nurse him.  After that we headed to 4 North where the Oncology wing is.  We finally met Sarada and her little guy Luke.  Luke was diagnosed with Leukemia back in October and we have a few mutual friends.  Sarada is lovely and will carry Luke well through this battle.  You can lift them up in prayer as they will need it.

I made it back to the MRI waiting area right on the hour and a half mark.  Samuel and I waited and waited, finally, around two and a quarter hours later one of the nurses popped her head out to say he had just finished up and they would get me when he started to wake up.

When I went in Joel was shivering they said the MRI room was freezing today so poor Joel had spent two and a quarter hours in little more then his underwear.  The nurses even commented on how long Joel’s MRI was.  It made me nervous because Joel’s very first MRI when they first discovered Joel’s tumor was very long too.  They said the Radiologist kept asking for more images.  Of course, the first thing that comes to mind is why extra images???  It would be easy to let my imagination go where it shouldn’t but thankfully, I was able to catch it before it went too far.  CHEO is a teaching hospital perhaps there was a student learning how things work.  Perhaps this particular Radiologist was just being very thorough.  The truth of the matter is, if there was a large tumor there they would not let us walk out the door.

Joel was really out of it when he woke up.  Usually he demands to get dressed and get out of the hospital as soon as possible!  He marches very wobbly to the van and we are on are on our way!   This time I had to coax him into his clothes and he asked for a wheel chair.  It took awhile to warm him up but within the hour he was back to himself.

Now we eagerly await his results we should get them on the 21st when we see Dr. Keen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Pin It

Share Your Thoughts


CommentLuv badge